The description of Locus Map Pro - Outdoor GPS navigation and maps
An ultimate navigation application for all outdoor enthusiasts - hikers, mountain bikers, mountaineers, trail runners, or geocachers. And not only for them, but Locus Map 3 Classic (formerly Locus Map Pro) is widely used also by professionals - explorers, travelers, or rescue squads all over the world.
Locus Map 3 Classic offers true multi-functionality and flexibility:
• advanced navigation capability, supporting online and offline routing services
• unprecedented choice of premium offline and online maps
• advanced map tools - map overlays, offsets, WMS sources support
• tools for monitoring sports activities - tracking, audio coach, charts, statistics, support of external sensors (GPS, HRM, cadence...)
• worldwide weather forecast 24/7
• sophisticated tools for geocaching • graphic and calculation tools, online/offline logging, support of trackables, Pocket Queries, spoilers…
• LoMaps - OSM-based vector maps of the whole world. Containing themes for hiking, biking, winter sports, road or city use - three LoMaps are for free
• Maps of renowned cartographic publishers:
• Germany, Austria, Italy - Kompass, Outdooractive Summer and Winter, Freytag-Berndt hiking maps
• United States - Accuterra trail maps
• Switzerland - SwissTopo
• United Kingdom - Ordnance Survey (eq. to Landranger and Explorer)
• France - IGN topo and satellite
• Spain - CNIG
• Poland - Compass hiking maps
• Czechia, Slovakia - SHOCart
• other countries - PZS Slovenia, IGN Belgium, Cartographia Hungary, etc.
• support of external maps in SQLite, TAR, MBT, GEMF, Orux, or RMAP formats
• World - various OSM based maps
• US - USGS, ChartBundle
• Europe - Outdooractive Summer and Winter, Freytag-Berndt, IGN France and Belgium, Kapsi.fi, Turistautak, Cartographia, Skoterleder, Statkart, Retromap (Russia), UMP and Osmapa.pl (Poland) and many others
• Asia etc. - GSI (Japan), Visicom (former Soviet countries), Navigasi (Indonesia), NzTopoMaps (New Zealand)...
Most of the online maps can be DOWNLOADED for offline use.
• meteorological maps, NASA maps, cadastral maps...
Navigation and guidance
• turn-by-turn voice navigation with support of online/offline routing services
• beeline guidance to a point (on the map or by compass) or along a route with notifications
• multi-profile track recording
• audio coach for efficient workouts
• support of Bluetooth/ANT+ external sensors - HRM, speed/cadence, GPS, NMEA
• route planning and editing tools
• import/export of routes/tracks from/to various formats (KML, KMZ, GPX...) and web services (Strava, Runkeeper, Google Earth, etc...)
• customizable bike computer dashboard
• creating own database - filtering, search, sorting
• import/export in many formats, web services support
• LoPoints - database of OSM POIs
• map overlay, calibration, and offsets
• support of various external map formats and coordinate systems
• support of geotagged photos, OSM notes
• addresses online and offline
• W3W addresses
• LoPoints, GeoNames, GNS, and Wikipedia
• downloading geocaches via Geocaching4Locus add-on
• offline and online logging
• support of waypoints, PocketQuery, trackables, spoilers
• graphic and calculation tools
• private or public sharing/monitoring of location in real-time
Other features and tools
• parking assistant, worldwide weather forecast, QR code generator...
Locus Map 3 Classic is highly customizable. Everything can be set according to the user's needs - the main menu, function panels, dashboards, custom screens... The functionality of the app can be further extended by numerous add-ons - Locus Map Watch, Pebble, RFLKT (connecting with wearables), Augmented reality, GeoGet, Munzee, etc.
This application uses device administrator permission.
*** Locus Map 3.69 ***
- various bug-fixes & minor tweaks